Shop More Submit  Join Login
×
  • Art Print
  • Canvas
  • Photo



Details

Submitted on
June 21, 2012
Image Size
2.3 MB
Resolution
1591×2172
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
172
Favourites
3 (who?)
Comments
4
×
Coriolanus Character Poster by Tullus-Aufidius Coriolanus Character Poster by Tullus-Aufidius
I spent somewhere between 30 and 48 hours hand-drawing this poster of Gerard Butler as Tullus Aufidius in Ralph Fiennes film adaptaion of the William Shakespeare play Coriolanus.
I carefully drew it out in ink, I drew 95% of this image in straight black ink, and for the other 5% I used a red ink for the lettering (which says "Gerard Butler is Tullus Aufidius"), and pencil for the grey contrasting tones.
This was the most time consuming, tedious and meticulously detailed piece of art I have ever worked on, for now. I have never worked so intently on a piece like I did with this one. There's so much detail in this image, so many tiny little details that you have to get just right, along with the long process of inking all the whitespace. My printer/scanner bleached the image, so I restored it to its original form using HP Photosmart Studio. This is by far my favourite piece of art I have ever made.
This, is my masterpiece.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconvanessa791:
vanessa791 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Wow, this is EXCELLENT & I agree it is a masterpiece!!! I'm super impressed! I'm an old artist myself, but let it fall by the wayside long ago, & never learned to use this site like I should have. However, from reading your details, you did all of it by hand, not by computer, so that is even more impressive. Kudos to you, sir. I wish Gerry could see it.
Reply
:icontullus-aufidius:
Tullus-Aufidius Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Why thank you, I greatly appreciate the compliments.
I refuse to go digital, only hand-drawn for me.
I'm going to write him soon and send a copy his way to be autographed. :)
Reply
:iconvanessa791:
vanessa791 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
I tried to vote, "cool", haha, I'm so gluethenized!!! hehe. I hope you get to do that & he responds, that would be incredible!
Reply
:icontullus-aufidius:
Tullus-Aufidius Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Gluethenized...hahaha, funny term.
I hope so too! :)
Reply
Add a Comment: